The training course European Journalism in the Digital Age: Rights and Risks combines a two-day workshop in Belgrade on the weekend of May 20-21, 2017 with a nine weeks online training.
The course covers a variety of important topics to equip watchdogs with skills and knowledge vital for today’s media environment. Among them:
- Ethics and standards for public watchdogs;
- Gaining access to public information;
- Fending off defamation and libel claims;
- Source protection and working with whistleblowers;
- Working with documents that are leaked, classified, illegally obtained;
- Personal and digital security.
The course is primarily intended for candidates from South East Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine). Applications from other European countries will be also considered.
Tuition is free and all expenses will be paid by the program.
Applications are open until March 31, 17.00 CET (Budapest/Belgrade time).
For more information on the application procedure, see here . Tags: