Newsrooms of the world unite! Finding a global solution to misinformation
Across the world, newsrooms and journalists have been on the front lines in the fight against misinformation and the preservation of trust in media. The solutions they experimented did not have the chance to be merged with other ideas from people in similar situations. To achieve a real impact on fighting against disinformation the key is to find a global solution that takes into account all of the voices with a stake in this issue.
The industry needs to come together around the core issues of information sharing, innovation, collaboration and co-ordination of initiatives in the wider ecosystem. The panelists in this session, held at the International Journalism Festival in Perugia , April 2018, discussed how such work might be possible while at the same time highlighting global cases that we should sit up, listen to and take real note of.
With the participation of:
- Fergus Bell, Founder Dig Deeper Media
- Ezra Eeman, head of digital European Broadcasting Union
- Chris Elliott, trustee Ethical Journalism Network
- Mandy Jenkins, head of news Storyful
- Mira Milosevic, director Global Forum for Media Development.