* Teresa Ribeiro, Representative on Freedom of the Media at the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
* David Kaye, former United Nations Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression (moderator)
* Scott Griffen, Deputy Director, International Press Institute (IPI)
* Witold Głowacki, Editor, Polska Times
* Joanna Szymanska, Senior Programme Officer, ARTICLE 19
The online event is being held one day ahead of a major debate in the European Parliament on March 10 that will focus on the attempt by governments in Poland and in Hungary to silence free media.
The speakers will also discuss the findings of a recent international press freedom mission to Poland held by IPI and its partners in the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR), and how the Orbán government’s model for suppressing independent media has been replicated and refined.
For more info and to register, the IPI page of the event .