The Voices Festival is a brand new event dedicated to journalism and media literacy in Europe co-funded by the European Commission. As part of the first edition of the event, which will take place in Florence on 15-16 March 2024, the organisers promote the Voices Award, a contest dedicated to journalists open to five categories:
1. Up-and-coming: innovative and ethical use of Artificial Intelligence in journalism
2. Impact: cross-border investigative reporting
3. Local resilience: the most innovative and successful business model for local reporting
4. Remarkable youth: promising journalists under 30
5. Fighters: journalists and media organisations working in emergency situations
The winner of each category will receive an award of €1000,00 each and a dedicated space to present their work.
All information, including on eligibility criteria can be found at this link: Call for entries
Submissions must be made by 31 Januray 2024 through the online application form: https://voicesfestival.eu/get-involved/
This content is part of the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR), a Europe-wide mechanism which tracks, monitors and responds to violations of press and media freedom in EU Member States and Candidate Countries. The project is co-funded by the European Commission.