Lithuanian Journalism Center
The Lithuanian Journalism Centre (LJC) has been established by the Open Society Foundation on 30th of March 1995. The Centre has been registered as an independent non-governmental non-profit organisation for informal education.
The Lithuanian Journalism Centre:
- organizes mid-career training courses for journalism professionals;
- offers a 5 months-long journalism course for people without a journalism degree;
- offers a 5 months-long public relations course for people without a PR degree;
- organizes Sunday journalism schools for kids and teenagers;
- organizes a short web-documentary course for youth.
- organizes conferences, seminars and workshops on journalism and mass media problems;
- does applied media research and offers insight into communication policies.
- offers critical thinking, media and information literacy trainings
- publishes journalism books and methodological materials